Prof. Pan has published more than 270 refereed journal papers and 9 book chapters to date. He also holds 26 Taiwan patents and 18 US patents. His academic profile can be found at https://reurl.cc/WpXY7 . Publications and statistics can also be found at 清大知識匯、Researchgate ID、Google Scholar、 WOS、 ORCID and Scopus . According to Google Scholar(https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=zh-TW&user=6S2zOIYAAAAJ , his publications were cited 8266 times with an H-index of 47 and i10 index of 160 (as of August 2022).
1. F. Ganikhanov, G. -R. Lin, W. -C. Chen, C. -S. Chang, and Ci-Ling Pan*, “Subpicosecond carrier lifetimes in arsenic-ion-implanted GaAs,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 67:3465(1995) (Pioneering paper on GaAs:As+ as an ultrafast photoconductor). See also, Gong-Ru Lin, Wen-Chung Chen, Shyh-Chin Chao, C.-S. Chang, Kaung-Hsiung Wu, T. M. Hsu, W. C. Lee, and Ci-Ling Pan* “Material and Ultrafast Optoelectronic Properties of Highly Resistive Arsenic-ion-implanted GaAs,” IEEE J. Quantum Electron., 34:1740(1998); Ci-Ling Pan and Gong-Ru Lin "Arsenic-implanted GaAs: an alternative material to low-temperature-grown GaAs for ultrafast optoelectronic applications", invited paper, Proc. SPIE 3277:170(1998).
2. Chi-Leun Wang and Ci-Ling Pan*, "Tunable Dual-wavelength Operation of a Diode Array with an External Grating-loaded Cavity", Appl. phys. Lett. 64:3089(1994) (Generic laser cavity design for collinear, linearly polarized, tunable dual-wavelength output). See also, Ci-Ling Pan and Chi-Luen Wang, “A novel tunable dual-wavelength external-cavity laser diode array and its applications,” invited paper, Optical and Quantum Electronics 28:1239(1996), U.S. Patent 5,524,012.
3. T. R. Tsai, C. Y. Chen, C.-L. Pan*, R.-P. Pan and X.-C. Zhang, “THz Time-Domain Spectroscopy Studies of the Optical Constants of the Nematic Liquid Crystal 5CB,” Appl. Opt., 42:2372(2003) (Demonstrate feasibility of Liquid Crystal THz photonics). See also, Chan-Shan Yang, Chia-Jen Lin, Ru-Pin Pan*, Christopher Que, Kohji Yamamoto, Masahiko Tani, and Ci-Ling Pan*, “The Complex Refractive Indices of the Liquid Crystal Mixture E7 in the THz Frequency Range,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, 27:1866(2010).
4. Ci-Ling Pan*, Jin-Yuen Zhang, Jung Y. Huang, and Chao-Kuei Lee, A blue-light generating Femtosecond wavelength-tunable Non-collinear Optical Parametric Amplifier,” Taiwan patent I239128, US patent 7106498, 2006. (Femtosecond laser pulses that are tunable from 380 to 460 nm are directly generated the BBO OPA crystal,) see also Chao-Kuei Lee, et. al., “Generation of Femtosecond Laser Pulses Tunable from 380 nm to 465 nm via Cascaded Nonlinear Optical Mixing in a Noncollinear Optical Parametric Amplifier with a Type-I Phase Matched BBO Crystal,” Opt. Exp. 11:1702(2003), J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, 21: 1494(2004). .
5. Chao-Yuan Chen, Cho-Fan Hsieh, Yea-Feng Lin, Ru-Pin Pan*, and Ci-Ling Pan*, “Magnetically Tunable Room-Temperature 2P Liquid Crystal Terahertz Phase Shifter,” Opt. Exp. 12:2625(2004) (The first room-temperature tunable 2p THz phase shifter). See also Chao-Yuan Chen, Tsong-Ru Tsai, Ci-Ling Pan, and Ru-Pin Pan, “Room Temperature Terahertz Phase Shifter Based on Magnetically Controlled Birefringence in Liquid Crystals,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 83: 4497(2003). Multiple Taiwan and US patents
6. Tze-An Liu, Masahiko Tani, and Makoto Nakajima, Ci-Ling Pan*, “Ultrabroadband terahertz field detection by photoconductive antennas based on multi-energy arsenic-ion-implanted GaAs and semi-insulating GaAs,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 83:1322(2003). (Broadest reported to date for antennas fabricated on ion-implanted materials) see also, Tze-An Liu, et al. “Ultrabroadband terahertz field detection by photoconductive antennas based on proton-bombarded InP,” Opt. Exp. 12:2954(2004).
7. Yi-Chao Wang, Jia-Min Shieh, Hsiao-Wen Zan and Ci-Ling Pan* “Near-infrared femtosecond laser crystallized poly-Si thin film transistors,” Opt. Exp. 15(2007) 6981 (Demonstrated potential application of ultrafast athermal annealing for TFT applications); see also, Jia-Min Shieh, Zun-Hao Chen, Bau-Tong Dai, Yi-Chao Wang, Alexei Zaitsev, and Ci-Ling Pan*, “Near-Infrared Femtosecond Laser-induced Crystallization of Amorphous Silicon,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 85(2004)1232, Taiwan patent I245321.
8. W. –J. Chen*, H. –Z. Wang, R. –Y. Lin, C. –K. Lee, and C. –L. Pan,* “Attosecond pulse synthesis and arbitrary waveform generation with cascaded harmonics of an injection-seeded high-power Q-switched Nd:YAG laser,” Laser Phys. Lett. 9:212 (2012). (reported by SPIE Newsroom and as a feature article, Bulletin of AAPPS). See also, C. –L. Pan et al., “Multi-Color Harmonic Synthesized Laser System For Laser Processing And Laser Processing Method Using Multi-Color Harmonic Synthesized Laser,” U. S. patent 9,031,101 and Taiwan patent I490068; Chan-Shan Yang, Chih-Hsuan Lin, Alexey Zaytsev, Kuei-Chung Teng, Tsing-Hua Her, Ci-Ling Pan*, “Femtosecond laser ablation of polymethylmethacrylate via dual-color synthesized waveform,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 106:051902 (2015) (first report of phase dependence of laser processing).
9. Ci-Ling Pan and Jin-Wei Shi, “Ultrawide-Band Sub-THz Photonic Wireless Links,” Chapter 3, in Microwave Photonics, ed., C. H. Lee, 2nd ed., CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, 2013. See also, J.-W. Shi, C.-B. Huang, and Ci-Ling Pan*, “Millimeter-wave Photonic Wireless Links for Very-High Data Rate Communication,” invited review article, NPG Asia Materials, 3:41(2011) . (Progress towards radio-over-fiber wireless data transmission up to 20 Gbit/s at 0.1 THz).
10. Alexey Zaytsev*, Chih-Hsuan Lin, Yi-Jing You, Chia-Chun Chung, Chi-Luen Wang, and Ci-Ling Pan*, “Supercontinuum generation by noise-like pulses transmitted through normally dispersive standard single-mode fibers,” Optics Express 21:16056(2013). (Novel fiber-laser-based approach to supercontinuum generation) Taiwan patent I474060, US patent 9, 256,114.. See also, A. K. Zaytsev*, C. H. Lin, Y. J. You, F. H. Tsai, C. L. Wang and C. L. Pan*, “Controllable noise-like operation regime in Yb:doped dispersion-mapped fiber ring laser,” Laser Phys. Lett. 10:045104(2013), Taiwan patent I509923, U.S. Patent 8,897,325 ; Yi-Jing You, Chengming Wang, Yi-Lun Lin, Alexey Zaytsev, Ping Xue and Ci-Ling Pan*, “Ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography at 1.3 μm central wavelength by using a supercontinuum source pumped by noise-like pulses,” Laser Phys. Lett., 13:025101(2016)．